Sunday, February 17, 2008

Introducing the Adventurous Spirit...

Yo, y'all, and feel welcome to my blog!

I just happen to be new at blogging. This is my first attempt, and brought on by my will to write, and if possible to change the bleak world we live in.

Now, I should probably write something about myself, and that's a tough one, because there is so much to write! You will notice this in my future blogging, I'm sure. They will most likely vary in subject, everything from history, to adventurous exploits, to politics and even - hear and behold! - conspiracy theories, though my fellow conspirators dislikes the term conspiracy theories.
I use the term because it is blunt, easy, and tell you straight in the face what my beliefs are.

Now, about me. My name is Henrik, but you may call me Henke. I am twenty one years old, and live in Sweden. And because I'm paranoid, that's all the information you'll get about that...unless you're a pretty girl, of course. And just for the record, yes, I'm single and open for invitations. I can also cook, though I wouldn't advise you to eat what I make unless it's Chilli. I love Chilli, especially with a shot of tequila to boot.

I am in that time in age when I must consider what to do with my future life - what work to choose, how to live my life, make some dough, and live happily ever after. You know the drill, some of you've been there, some of you will be there soon. So, anyway, I've spent my entire life so far wondering what I'm going to do for a living. It messed my life up because I had no idea. In truth, though, I had an idea, but I was too afraid to really see it. I've always fealt that I would never be able to stand a "regular" life - the kind where you live with a wife that henpecks you, have ten kids, and a house in Suburbia (not that there's anything wrong with kids and Suburbia, but it's just not...me...not yet anyway).

But then one day, it came to me. I realized that people in our world has gone a bit...cowardly. They are afraid of going after the jobs they really want, worry too much about having a job instead of the job. And I can't stand that way of thinking. It takes the quality out of your life, and makes you just...miserable.

So, I decided to go with what I really want to do. Become an adventurer. You've all seen them on TV - Indiana Jones, Dirk Pitt, Rick O'Connell, Lara Croft, and so on. Well, people say the world is different in reality for adventurers. I'm sure it is, in fact. But that won't stop me from going after what I want to do. So, my current goal in life is to become an archaeologist. After that, a marine achaeologist, and then a diver. And finally, an adventurer.

Then, we'll see where Lady Fate takes me. If all works out, I'll find myself one day working with what I want to work with - diving for wrecks, digging for gold in South America, travelling through Africa on a completely pointless but exciting adventure, and so on. In short, living the life of an adventurer.

One of my friends said to me when he heard it that, "You want to work with what one wanted to be when he was a kid - an adventurer, fireman, and so on..." He made it sound ridicolous, not only that, but impossible, as if it was the most stupid idea anybody had ever come up with. And that was when I realized what a ridicolous world we live in, because people simply don't have the guts to go for what they want.

This is what I want, and this is what I'm aiming for.

That's all for today. Thank you for reading my rambles, my friends, and may we have a lot of fun together. Don't take me too seriously. I can't stand serious people. But take my message to heart; Don't let anybody tell you that your dream job is too far-fetched. If you give up your dream, you will truly lose yourself in it and find yourself a slave to your own life. And there's already too many people that think like that in our world. Like my friend.

Be free, live free

Henrik

No comments: