Friday, April 18, 2008

Some times life is just slow...

Damn,

Alright, here's the scenario. It's friday afternoon, I'm listening to some GREAT music, and I am completely broke. It's like set up for party mood. However, I am NOT longing for a party. Oh, no, if I was, I'd just borrow some dough from my parents. Nah, I'm in a real deep shithole, because, I'm bored, and longing for adventure. Right now, I wish I had already gotten into the archaeology high school program that I want to get into. At least then, I'd have a chance to see some new horizons, and not just this cheap shot sad excuse for a village that I live in.

But so far, they haven't told anybody who's in and who's out. Lazy bastards. So I won't know until this summer or so, if I got in. Even more problems ahead as I have to find some kind of work to get some dough in the summer, and again, no luck yet.

But those are the regular troubles of youth, and things I can deal with. But I can't really deal with my thirst for adventure, not this weekend. I'll probably spend it doing homework, while wanting to see the world and go to Australia to do some diving. Another boring weekend, in other words. How do other people manage to live this kind of life? Really? I would have grown bored out of my mind if I had to live a life working in a factory, or at a desk job. I'd probably get depressed and go get drunk. And I can't even deal with a boring weekend.

Sheesh.
I can't wait for the summer.

So, anyways, other adventurous news... That's right, nothing new on any front. Still no summer around here, so still no chance for me to go out camping over a weekend. I'll have to be patient. And I still haven't been abducted by UFOs either. Maybe one day they'll gather their balls up and try abducting me. At least, it'd put a little spice on my weekend if I had to spend it fighting aliens. As it stands, I'll probably spend my weekend watching some Black Lagoon (anime), drinking tequila.

Another piece in my future plan has appeared, though.
It turns out the university I want to apply for (Gotlands Högskola), is allowing for archaeology students to do the exchange student thingie to a few parts of the world. Right now, I've got my eyes on one of the positions for Australia (Sydney university), or maybe Samoa. But Zanzibar and Madagascar doesn't sound all too wrong, either. Portugal? Nah, thanks, but not my thing (I signed up to get OUT of Europe, ya see). And no bloody Eastern bloc states either, nor the last remaining Soviet country, Belarus. I can't believe we're sending exchange students there.

But Australia, I'd jump on every day. It's even worth the near-death experience of flying there. (Yeah, I HATE flying!). And then I'll probably spend my free time diving or hiking in the wild over there, because, seriously, those dudes have ONE HELL of a country, with lots of wilderness for the sighting. Just the way I like my vacations.

Bah. Enough ramblings from this adventurous spirit, at least for this weekend. Hope your weekend will be more fun than mine. Take care now, bye bye, then.

//Henrik

No comments: